From Open Sustainability
||This article is refer to an aspirational goal of the FISDEV methodology. It refers to the generally applied approach from the Open Methodology Framework that will be more relevant once FISDEV has reached a mature state.
The FISDEV Governance Consortium helps provide the long-term version for the FISDEV Methodology, reviews release assets and acts as the owners of the content. To meet this goal requires roles and responsibilities at multiple levels to drive content creation, resolve disputes and coordinate activities across individuals.
The Contribution Model defines roles and responsibilities for adding content to the methodology. The Contribution Model also provides a governance framework for changing existing assets to improve quality and stability.
Key features of this approach are as follows:
This model, which is expected to evolve over time, has 6 categories of active participants. Their responsibilities are as follows.
FISDEV Governance Consortium
FISDEV Steering Committee
- Provide an expert view related to industry and technology direction
- Bring a outside perspective and fresh thinking to project team
- Help set the project's long-term direction, working primarily with the FISDEV:Leadership Team
FISDEV Leadership Team
- Help set overall project direction and lead project delivery
- Define the business plan for the methodology
- Guide the content vision of the methodology
- Work as a team to provide expertise across the methodology, encouraging membership on the team from diverse areas
- Also act as Core Contributors
- Lead resolution of escalated issues
- Can make changes across the methodology, including to the Core FISDEV Methodology as part of a Release Cycle
- Assist with issue resolution
- Contribute actively to Peer Reviews
- Have a responsibility to comprehensively understand FISDEV
- Can apply to become members of the FISDEV Leadership Team
Whereas all members of the Data Governance and Management Consortium are included as part of the user community, not all users will want to become dedicated contributors to the FISDEV Methodology and will act in more of a "user" role.
- Registered users of the FISDEV Methodology
- Make minor contributions to the overall approach
- Any contributions they make must follow Contribution Guidelines for FISDEV
- Active Users can apply to become members of the FGC, start by becoming Supporting Contributors
- Freely have access to use the Methodology
- Are not required to register to make use of the methodology
- Only responsibility is to follow terms of the License for FISDEV
The FISDEV Leadership Team, Core Contributors, Supporting Contributors and Active Users all must follow a set of guidelines around content contribution.
Those individuals that wish to contribute must follow a specific set of Contribution Guidelines.