From Open Sustainability
Wikisourcing Sustainable Enterprise Profiles Initiative- InnoCentive
1. Enterprise Information
Headquarters Location: Waltham MA, USA
Industry: Scientific Innovation
Initiative contact person: (if you know) Name: Phone/email:
Related Links (to articles about this enterprise's work):
2. Sustainability Initiative that Caught your Attention
The fact that Eli Lilly recognized that they're R&D capabilities were unsustainable and acted to address by creating a new business arm and company, InnoCentive to address this.
3. Why? What impresses you about this enterprise's sustainability initiative?
InnoCentive impresses for an array of reasons including the fact that through Eli Lilly's vision to create a global network of problem solvers they not only created a new successful company but also made their own organization sustainable for the longer term.
4. Rate this company as a Sustainable Enterprise?
Please use the following 1-5 scale:
1. Thinking about 2. Projects underway 3. Some results/successes
4. Lessons learned and willing to share 5. Model for others to follow
Absolutely InnoCentive ranks as 5. Model for others to follow
5. Add 3 Tags (short phrases) that Summarize this Sustainable Enterprise?
iii. organizational networks
6. Questions and or Suggestions?
If you had a chance to sit down with this enterprise's senior management what topics would you raise? Please limit to 3.
i. How successful do you judge InnoCentive to be?
ii. What measures do you use to measure your success?
iii. Does InnoCentive view itself as both being a sustainable business and or helping other businesses and organizations become sustainable?
7. In writing your profile what measures did you use for judging a sustainable enterprise?
Business success, the size of the Solver network created, problems solved, partnerships created, and fact that InnoCentive created a new way for retired scientists to continue working and apply their knowledge to new Challenges
8. What underlying principles guide this enterprise in their sustainability initiatives?
Openness: a willingness to go beyond the traditional boundaries of their organization and partner to ensure longer term sustainability.
9. About the Profile Contributor
Your Name: Jenny Ambrozek
Relationship to company profiled (e.g, employee, consultant to, investor, supplier, partner, customer, industry observer, other?)
An observer but also fan. InnoCentive, from the vision that started it through it's evolution and openness to partnering, simply impresses me.
Twitter @sagenet 21st Century Organization Blog http://c21org.typepad.com
a. Please use this space to add your observations about items that the questions above omitted.
Thank you for taking time to contribute. Please visit regularly to further input as the Sustainable Enterprise Profiles collection grows. Your suggestions for making this "Wikisourcing Sustainable Enterprise Profiles" initiative more valuable are also welcomed.
b. READER QUESTIONS & OBSERVATIONS
Please add questions for the profile author or insights you have about this enterprise and their sustainability initiatives.