From Open Sustainability
The aim of membership of open sustainability is to form a 'Board', a governance association, to lead and govern the open-sustainability initiative. Membership will be balanced to represent the three pillars of sustainability - social, environment and economic and aims to include members from leading technology companies, sustainability industry leaders and consulting organizations.
The goal of the group is to:
- Elevate the technical challenges of sustainability to a level that resonates with senior executives and board members
- To help make sustainability a “business issue” through orientation of solutions, product offerings and methods
- Create an approach that encourages organizations to undergo large‐scale, transformational initiatives in relation to sustainability.
While anyone is invited to join the community, sponsoring members will have specific responsibilities:
- To provide ongoing governance of the collaborative framework, helping to ensure quality, consistency and continued development
- To take specific ownership of the “core assets” of the framework
- To act as evangelists for the approach, helping to grow the community awareness and directly increase membership
- To contribute to advancing the open source technology environment that hosts the collaborative community.
Fees and services
Many of the membership roles will require fees, an in exchange all sponsoring members will receive placement on the open‐sustainability site. Members will also receive free training as part of the approach to gold and platinum members. For Platinum members, open‐sustainability will install omCollab locally into their environment so they can build an internal collaboration environment.